Monday, May 28, 2012

New Belgium short track series #3(recap)

Coming into the final turn of the 1st lap.
  I was feeling very tired and lethargic last Tuesday, still trying to recover from moving apartments and the polo tournament a couple of days before so Ashton and I went and met up with Malcolm at Crankenstein for coffee prior to heading over to the brewery, we quickly finished our drinks and made our way to the track. I went to the registration table, signed in and then got a brief warm up before heading over to wait for the end of the beginner mens race.
  At the start line there were 61 riders, I had managed to once again get a good place in the field and by the end of the first lap I was sitting in second position. I stayed up front until the end of the second lap when my brake jammed and I quickly began to slide back as I fumbled with my barrel adjuster trying to release my rear brake. Although my brake was definitely dragging I feel that I rode well and finished 13th.

  After the race was over and I was able to catch my breath, I realized the cable housing for my rear brake had become hung on the top tube cable stop and I could have remedied the problem by thumping the cable housing one good hard time...oh well. Anyway, now that Ashton and I are good and settled into our new place I should be able to get around to posting a more detailed race report after this weeks final short track race at New Belgium.     

No comments:

Post a Comment